Join us for the 2021 ANROSP Conference, September 28-30, 2021. This year, we will explore a new theme “Climate Change Education: The Role of Outreach and Service Programs.” Join your peers from across the country as we explore how outreach and service programs are integrating climate change education into their curriculum. The 2021 conference is hosted by the University of California’s California Naturalist Program which launched a new UC Climate Stewards certification course in 2019. Keynote speakers include Dr. Julian Reyes, National Coordinator of the USDA Climate Hubs network and Dr. Amy Lethbridge, Chief of Staff at the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority.
The conference will take place on Zoom over 3 days (Sept 28-30) from 10 AM-2 PM Pacific Daylight Time with short breaks built into the agenda.
Make plans to join the 2021 ANROSP Conference September 28-30, 2021. This year, we will build on the last conference’s online road trip as we explore a new theme “Climate Change Education: The Role of Outreach and Service Programs.” Join your peers from across the country as we explore how outreach and service programs are integrating climate change education into their curriculum. The 2021 conference will be hosted by the University of California’s California Naturalist Program which launched a new UC Climate Stewards certification course in 2019.
Keynote speakers include Dr. Julian Reyes, National Coordinator of the USDA Climate Hubs network (opening), and Dr. Amy Lethbridge, Chief of Staff at the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (closing).
Registration Link coming SOON
This year, conference support will be provided by the UCANR Program Support Unit so ANROSP members can focus on learning and engaging with members. There are three roles that we are looking for volunteers to support:
1. Early Bird and Night Owl Networking Session Facilitators:Prior to start and immediately after each day’s formal sessions, optional networking sessions will offer an agenda-free zone designed as an informal way to connect or meet up with colleagues.
2. Zoom Interactives: To help us keep things lively and fill in any gaps, we are soliciting your best quick Zoom activities or interactives. If you have a short 5 minute activity or icebreaker, let us know and we'll try to plug it in as time permits.
3. Workshop Co-Presenters: Finally, if you are interested in co-presenting as part of a workshop team, please contact the workshop lead for more information.
Contact Greg Ira (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in volunteering or have an activity to share.
Member Programs: submit a Climate Change Observations VIDEO!
Similar to last year, members are invited to submit a short (6 minutes max this year) video addressing the prompt, “How is climate change affecting your state and how is your program responding to those changes?” The deadline to submit a video is Thursday, September 16th, 2021. Videos must be pre-recorded and submitted in advance. Videos will be shown “live” online during the conference, followed by Q&A with the program representatives. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in the conference.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Submitting Your Video:
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW Accepting 2021 ANROSP Awards Nominations
Nominations in the following ANROSP Awards categories will be accepted through the EXTENDED deadline of SEPT 5:
BY SEPT 5 Please use the link below to access our GoogleForm to submit a nomination for an annual ANROSP Award, and note that self-nominations are accepted. Please limit nomination to one award category per member program. Provide copies of the materials where appropriate via links to online materials in your response (preferred) or submit files via email to email@example.com. Questions? Please email Joy Rafey at firstname.lastname@example.org
GoogleForm Link: https://forms.gle/S2FckPmvMP5CnwVU6
Also recruiting Awards Committee Members, so if you would like to serve on the Awards Committee, please email Joy Rafey at email@example.com
Each year at the ANROSP National Conference, member programs are recognized with awards for outstanding programs, educational materials, volunteer projects, program evaluations, and/or outstanding teamwork. We are pleased to announce our award winners for 2020:
Outstanding Educational Materials: Nature Stewards Program, Victoria, Australia
Consider nominating yourself or a colleague for a 2021 Award! Nomination instructions can be found on the ANROSP website; the deadline is each August.
Join us on our "Virtual Roadtrip". We'll caravan to several main attractions to discuss current events and how ANROSP programs can best support each other. During our journey we'll be visiting scenic overlooks to view the beautiful landscapes conserved by our member programs and enjoy some fun car games to network and engage with each other.
The conference will take place over 3 days (Sept 22-24) with 4 hours each day (1pm-5pm Eastern Daylight Time). We will take the journey together “live” online using video conference technology (e.g., Zoom); all participants will need a computer with reliable internet connection and video/audio capacity. Each day will contain 3 sessions. Member attendees are encouraged to participate in all sessions if possible; but there will be an option to register for individual sessions as well. A detailed agenda will be posted soon; here’s what to look forward to:
· Roadtrip Rendezvous – Let’s warm up our engines as we come together for the annual member meeting, including reports from the board of directors and Q&A from members. The Rendezvous will include a keynote and presentation of our annual awards.
· Main Attractions – These interactive workshops are being organized by the ANROSP Board of Directors with the goal to support member programs and ANROSP as a unifying organization. Workshops are only open to current ANROSP members. Topics include: 1) Assessing the needs of ANROSP member programs, 2) Diversity and inclusion in natural resource and stewardship programs, 3) Opportunity for multi-state collaborations, and 4) Adapting to new delivery techniques.
· Scenic Overlooks – We’ll pull over to take in the sights at different locations around the country as we watch videos submitted by member programs highlighting the ecosystems they help conserve and showcasing their program’s accomplishments. Videos will be pre-recorded, and shown “live” online during the conference, followed by Q&A with the program representatives. Scenic overlooks sessions will occur throughout each day.
· Networking – A valued highlight of ANROSP national conferences is the opportunity to network with colleagues. The start and end of each day will include some fun “car games” to help us get energized and engaged with each other. We will also plan small group breakouts and interactive discussions during the workshops.
There will be a small registration “toll” to join this year’s conference, allowing members to attend the full conference (12 hours and 4 workshops). Registration details will be announced soon -please mark your calendar. Registration open August 25th.
Visit the conference page for details
Each year at our National Conference, ANROSP member programs are recognized with awards for program, educational materials, volunteer project, program evaluation, and outstanding teamwork. Members are encouraged to nominate themselves, their program, group or volunteers for these annual awards. Award applications are due August 31st. The winners will be announced at the conference and invited to deliver a brief presentation describing their achievements. More information and submission instructions can be found on the conference website.
Program of the Year- last 12 months of the program's history considered.
Outstanding Educational Materials- evaluated on: content, editing, graphics/soundtrack, Design
Outstanding Volunteer Project- Natural resources management, education, research, partners, and sustainability
Outstanding Program Evaluation- Documentation, Yearly comparisons, Evaluations for all aspects of program, Evaluation results, Repeatability
Outstanding Team- Leadership, Dedication, Creativity, Synergy, Evaluation, Performance, Other factors
Awards are given to member programs. Please nominate today.
Visit: https://anrosp.wildapricot.org/National-Conference (scroll to bottom of page)
Deadline to submit award applications: August 31, 2020
The 2020 National Conference will still occur on September 22-24th.
In lieu of gathering together in person this fall, the ANROSP Board of Directors and 2020 Conference Committee are now considering alternative options. We are still dedicated to providing an exciting, fun, and worthwhile experience for our annual conference.
Check back for details and stay tuned for updates!
Contact ANROSP Vice President and Conference Chair, Dr. Shelly Johnson, with questions or comments.
ANROSP promotes awareness and citizen stewardship of natural resources through science-based education and service programs.
ANROSP envisions healthy ecosystems and communities through citizens who learn, teach and practice natural resource stewardship.
© 2016 Alliance of Natural Resource Outreach and Service Programs. All rights reserved.