Call for “Scenic Overlook” VIDEOS
ANROSP member programs are encouraged to create a “scenic overlook” video highlighting the ecosystems you help conserve and showcasing your program’s accomplishments. Videos must be pre-recorded and submitted in advance. Videos will be shown “live” online during the conference, followed by Q&A with the program representatives. This will be an excellent opportunity to share your program accomplishments and participate in the conference. This is a great time to enlist your most creative volunteers and charismatic instructors!
Goals of the video
- We encourage you to create a FUN, INTERESTING, and EDUCATIONAL video! Show us some interesting ecosystems, plants, animals, geologic, or historical features in your region. What would other “naturalists” across the country want to learn about at your location? When your nature-loving friends came to visit, where would you take them?
- Be CREATIVE and RESOURCEFUL; recruit some charismatic and energetic “hosts” to guide us on a tour. Keep it natural - outdoor, interactive, unscripted, and live-action videos are preferred; narrated PowerPoint slides can be utilized strategically, and it is OK to clip together a “slide-show” of high-quality photo images, or multiple videos from different volunteers around your state.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS should be included throughout the video; for example, what are the goals of your program, how does it operates (e.g., volunteers, chapters, training partners), when did it start, what are some successful accomplishments, some highlights that other ANROSP member programs might find interesting?
- NOTE: It is absolutely OK to use some existing video clips, but this should not be solely an existing ‘promo' or 'recruitment' video for your program; remember the audience (other ANROSP programs).
- 1 video submission per ANROSP member program; all programs are encouraged to submit (it would be wonderful to see each state's most unique “habitats”).
- 5-15 minutes per video (short is OK!)
- Q&A will take place live online during the conference (3-5 minutes). At least 1 representative from the program should plan to be in a “attendance” during the Scenic Overlook session in which the video will be shown.
- Can’t attend the conference? Your program is still invited to submit a video!
- Submit a Video "ABSTRACT" -extended- by August 24th (required; we need to know you plan to create a video so we can finalize the conference agenda). Submitters will be notified of approved amount of time for their video no later than August 25th.
Creating Your Video
- Please use one of the following digital video formats: MP4, MOV, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, MPEG PS, FLV, 3GPP and WebM (videos will be uploaded to YouTube after submission).
- Please limit your video to 15 minutes and 100MB or less.
- If using music, please use public domain music, as to not infringe on anyone’s copyrights, or get permission from the artist and note that at the end of your video (if using your own original music, please share that info either at the end or the beginning of your workshop video).
- Clearly introduce your program at the beginning of the video.
- Review your video before submitting it. Check the audio to make sure there isn’t a “windy” microphone and the speakers can be heard. Also, make sure the image is clear without sun glare, excessive shadows, or shaky hands.
- Remember the purpose is to provide professional learning for a diverse group. Please be inclusive in your language. Please be mindful of what may be in the background of your video as well and make sure you are presenting ANROSP, yourself, your program, and your community in a positive light.
Submitting Your Video
- Please title your video file using the full name of your program (no acronyms).
- All programs which complete the “Intent to Submit” above will be provided with a link to submit their video online.
- Deadline for submission is September 13th, 2020, earlier submissions are encouraged.
- If >1 video is submitted per program, it will be considered on a space-available basis (extra videos may be made available to conference participants to view outside of the designated agenda).
- By submitting your video, you are giving ANROSP permission to use it for this conference as well as use in the future for the needs of the organization. ANROSP reserves the right to not use submitted videos if they do not align with our organization’s mission.
Please use the above as a guide when creating your scenic overlook video. If you have any questions and if you have any tips to share please feel free to contact Shelly.Johnson@ufl.edu
Visit the conference page for details